New Year means health kick, dry January & of course training for the marathon BUT there’s a whole lot of cheese left over in the fridge that I can’t risk being tempted with! I winged dinner tonight using leftover vegetables about to go out of date & cheese and so many asked for the recipe so here it is.
- Peel & boil 6 medium potatoes for mashing
- Grate your cheeses (I used cheddar, edam & red leicester, soft cheeses like brie and camembert aren’t recommended for young ones)
- Chop half an onion, fry until soft
- Add a garlic clove to the frying pan, stir in and put to one side
- Parboil left over veg (I used a brocolli, carrot & added frozen peas but you can use anything!)
- When the potatoes are boiled mash with a knob of butter, add the onion & garlic, then the vegetables and coat together
- Add into the potato & veg mix a handful of cheese and mix
- Spoon into a baking tray (I used a gratin dish for Frankie & a deep baking tray which I sectioned for Jack to bulk freeze BUT after I did so thought muffin trays would be a better idea to bulk freeze and portion for his little tummy)
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 180 for 20 minutes
Frankie called it Mummys Potato Cheesecake! So easy to whip up especially midweek if you’re stuck! I didn’t think it needed meat or fish but you could definently add in salmon or chicken & any other veg!