Struggling for ideas? Running out of time to plan? Sick of making slime and listening to them whinge they’re bored? Check out the below for ideas of where to go in Essex this half term!
- Ashlyns Farm Park & Softplay,Epping – softplay & a farm with huge outdoor space and parks, what could be better?
- 360 Play, Basildon – a gigantic softplay set over different levels full of fun, roleplay, dress up & imagination and some dodgems and a roundabout thrown in the mix! 10% off when you book online.
- White Elm Petting Farm & Softplay, Bicknacre – our favourite place to visit, lovely kept petting farm and softplay barn for the little ones.
- Cheeky Monkeez, South Woodham Ferrers – small enough to keep an eye on your sprogs, big enough to keep them entertained whilst you enjoy some of their beaut nachos!
- Partyman World, Basildon – softplay centre with a huge mountain to climb & a great under 3’s area. Free balloon-modelling this half term.
- The Gruffalo Trail, Brentwood – there’s no such thing as a Gruffalo? Look for yourself.. Half term activities running including bird box making, check the Facebook page.
- Great Notley Country Park, Braintree – outdoor fun for all the family, so much more than just a ‘park’! Sky ropes available too.
- Wickford Memoiral Park, Wickford – sick of splashing the cash? Buy a ball, play a round of golf, let them play in the park and treat yourself with a hot chocolate from Huttons.
- The Peter Rabbit Trail, Langdon Hills – find Peter Rabbit & all of his friends and enjoy many activities including planting, gardening, bird box making and making mouse houses.
- Adventure Island, Southend on Sea – the UK’s no.1 free admission theme park is back open in time for half term. Book online for 25% off.
- Marsh Farm Animal Park, South Woodham Ferrers – Fairies and Dragons are about this week as well as a full packed timetable of fun! Book online in advance to save!
- Epping Ongar Railway – kids ride for just £1 this half term. Always a fun day out.
- Southend Pier, Southend – walk the longest pier, grab a doughnut and get the train back.
- Rare Breeds Centre, Hadleigh – take in some of the rare breeds and have a play in the parks.
- Base Jump, Rayleigh – loads of bouncing fun to be had this half term, including offers such as 2nd hours for free!
Remember, you don’t always have to spend a lot to have a good time! Places such as Hobby Craft also have craft activities running this half term.
Struggling to find somewhere to eat with a softplay/park for the kids? Check out my section on Child-Friendly Place to Eat in Essex for some great eateries, most close to the above activities!