Advent Calendars have surpassed expectations in recent years, gone are the opening of doors to find a picture of a Nutcracker or a cheap chocolate, now you can find an advent calendar for just about anything; Advent Calendars with offerings of different wine and cheese accompaniments, candle selections, ‘build-a-scenes’, soaps and bubble baths and even ‘adult’ calendars advertised as ‘the twelve days of play’!
Here are my top picks for Advent Calendars this year:
- In my local Aldi last week I was overjoyed to see they are offering a Luxury Advent Calendar with their hand soaps, candles, eau de toilette & body washes in! If you know about no.3, you know! At £49.99 it isn’t the savviest of buys but if you calculate the cost against the 24 doors, each item is priced at just about £2.00 TOTAL BARG if you ask me.. Now who’s buying it for me?
2. For those that know me well know that Soap and Glory is my absolute go-to, I wear and use everything from Heel Genius to Mother Pukka and I smother myself every morning and night in Righteous Butter! Soap and Glory are offering an advent calendar this year at £40 with 24 doors of S&G delights! & if you buy through Boots you can take advantage of their 3 for 2 offers and boost your advantage points, win win!
3. Cheese Lovers come together! Sainsbury’s and ASDA will be selling an Advent Calendar including Applewood, Mature Cheddar, Edam, Jarlsberg, Red Leicester, and Wensleydale with cranberries! It doesn’t go on sale until 14th November in both and will cost £8 in ASDA and £10 in Sainsburys! I’ve already set a reminder on my phone to hunt one down! Remember to keep it in the fridge!
4. Yankee Candle is on every woman’s Christmas list this year, they are currently offering a wreath Advent Calendar with 24 doors for £24.99 direct through their website & 50% off Gifts and Large Candles! Go Go Go! If you spend £75+ you can receive a free Tower Advent Calendar with delivery too! New Icy Blue Spruce sounds divine!
5. Frankie has been a firm fan of VTech Toot Toot Friends for a long time, we recently had the Birthday Countdown Calendar and we possibly will get the Christmas Advent Calendar too. The cars can cost between £8-18 on their own so at under £18 for 24 items and Santa’s sleigh it is well worth it! They are usually on offer in supermarkets but I found this one on John Lewis.
6. We are a little obsessed of late with the blasted Minions and watching Despicable Me 1, 2 and 3 on repeat and so when I came across this Despicable Me Mega Construx Advent Calendar on Amazon I had to order it for Frankie! It is compatible with Mega Blocks too and it’s under £10! Barg!
7. What kid doesn’t love Kinder chocolate? This Kinder Mini Mix Advent Calendar is only £10 from Wilko and is packed full of eggs, bars, hollow figures and more!
8. If the Minion era vanishes before the 1st December then I’ll revert to this Paw Patrol Advent Calendar with mini figures seen in Argos. It is £15.00 and in their 3 for 2 offer on toys too! 24 pieces, including even Chickoletta and Callie!